Sunday, March 6, 2011

What is my Greatest Achievement??...

     Wow this is a tough post...I'd have to say my greatest achievement would be switching from my old club Soccer team to my new one. From Global FC to Blast FC. There are probably soo many others but I can't think of them now.
     Once long ago, I played with a club travel Soccer team, from what I've mentioned, called Global. And as you read it, all of my teammates were from around the globe in the world! We had Greeks, a Turk, a German, a Venezuelan, a Bolivian, and a few American's from what I could remember. We used to be a really great club till we lost a few players and went down. Our star moment was when we won the MOSSL tournament in the top flight (Gold Division) and were expected to come in last. But no! We never gave up and won our first game 4-1 to the favorite team to win it. Won 2-1 to the third to best team to win in favor, and also beat the sixth ranked team 2-0. We went on to the finals and played the second ranked team. I was sooo scared at that time but then again anxious to play them. The game went 1-1 at the final whistle and went into overtime. And about two minutes left in the game we scored the winning goal. It was over; the underdogs have won it. It was one of the greatest moments of my life!
     Until the time a year or two later when the competition was becoming really boring and easy for us and we kept going to the same tournaments and winning them, I was deciding if I should leave or stay. We all were running circles around other players and our coach never placed us in tougher leagues; just making me worse as a player. So at the beginning of the season during try-outs came, I never showed up. I left to a club called Blast FC which I would be trained by the best coaches with experience from around the world. I was frightened at first because I didn't have the body-built as my teammates and the speed of the game was a lot faster than I expected. But I got used to it and still play for them.
     Now I take this opportunity and play at one of the highest areas of competition attending some of the best tournaments in the country such as Florida, North Caroline, Tennessee, etc. I even have gotten sooo many letters from college coaches that have seen me play. But that's not my focus right now. Yepp I believe I love this decision I made.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the achievement I must say. Your next greatest achievement would be breaking our 5-game scoreless streak (cough cough)! I'm just kidding. Keep doing work on the field Costa!

    ReplyDelete